Monday, November 19, 2007

My heartfelt apologies.....




Morning dance fans, it is with immense regret and sadness that I announce I have had to withdraw from my planned performance in the wonderful panto that is Cinderella....

I was really looking forward to once again donning my ugly sisters outfit at the lovely Theatre royal in Barnsley and entertaining the public with a combination of camp slapstick and dance prowess!! But it is not to be sadly, I awoke on Sunday morning with a searing pain in my left ankle - yes it was my fookin' gout, back with a vengenace the pesky arthiritic rotter! my doctor reckons I'll be out of action for about 4 or 5 weeks so no dance Tom foolery for old Les!

I'm more dissapointed for the loyal people who have already bought tickets for the show and no doubt are now facing a miserable, bleak festive period without their fix of "Sheepsy panto fun".

Oh well as they say the "show must go on!" and I will bravely battle through my gout affliction to hopefully take my place in the production in time for the final week. Luckily my manager Maurice Shotleley had the foresight to include a sneaky clause in my contract stating that if for health reasons I dropped out my substantial fee will still be paid in FULL!! - tee hee happy chuffin' days.........

So I write this post from Maurice's laptop in the bedroom of my plush 5 bedroom mock Tudor mini mansion. Just across the hallway from Mater's room. I'm going through a rather painful period of missing old Hinge at the moment so in a while I'll hobble in and slip between the plastic lined sheets of her old oak bed before maybe donning her old pink towelling dresing gown before lurching downstairs to catch up with Jeremy Kyle on TV, what a card that lad is....some of the people he gets on that show, I don't fookin' know? it fascinates me. Fookin ell' what a shower of fookers!!!

Maurice has arranged for a private carer to come around at 10.00am to rustle me up a nice fry up. I'm thinking a few poached duck eggs, 5 rashers of "Corbett's" prime organic streaky Mudchute farm bacon, 2 fat pork and liver sausages, a few shards of black pooding, maybe a few pigs gizzards, a gammon steak and some toast! Eeeh a true pork nirvana! Anyway must dash as I'm expecting a call from my old pal Bernie Clifton to hopefully fill me in on how rehearsals for the panto are going. No doubt his pesky hilarious ostrich sidekick will be pecking around in the background!!

So till next time friends, keep your spirits up and remember to keep your feet moving and your trotters twitching!!!

Lester.

No comments: