Saturday, December 22, 2007

Let's all remember Selwyn Corbett!

Morning Dance fans,

On flicking through my diary late last night I stumbled across a small reminder that today would have been the 76th birthday of my late, dear old friend and proud purveyor of all things pork Selwyn Corbett, so to celebrate his great life I offer you this wonderful picture of some beautiful, tasty severed pigs heads!! - Simmer one of these in a huge pot for 6 hours with some water, carrots, a few leeks, potatos, and a few onions and you have a wonderful pigs head stew....fookin' priceless!! - Old Selwyn was a giant of a man - mentally, physically and spiritually and I cherish the times we spent together.

We were both cut from the same metaphoric slice of pork loin, from the heady days we spent roaming the rat infested streets of Barrow as shoeless children to the joyous moment when we both finally escaped our poverty stricken misery and made it as true champions of our chosen fields....me as the grand master of dance and Selwyn as the North Wests master pork butcher from 1967 to 1974!! I miss old Selwyn dearly and wherever he is hopefully (up there in pork heaven) I send this message:- "I still miss you old proud lad but until we meet again just remember the sacred, solemn motto of the Guild of pork master butchers.........HALLOWED BE THY PORK!!!!"

No comments: