Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let's "Cut some Rug!!" (and nuzzle on some fine new pork based products!!)


How do ballroom comrades, as promised here I am back again to update you all on my appointment last week at the palatial £500 a night "Blossom meadow" private hospital, regarding a quick session on my annoying nauticals...thankfully things are fine folks, after a routine bout of staple Hemorrhoidectomy treatment I can now happily confirm that my badmintons are as right as rain. I even managed a few rounds of the foxtrot last night at my five bedroom mock tudor mini-mansion with my dear old former dance partner Florice Gussthorth!! Eeh it was chuffin' wonderful! I tell you I've still got it, I've still got it!!!

More good news arrived last week with the announcement that cable tv channel "Leisure" have confirmed that their highly anticipated new ballroom show "Cut some Rug" has been given the go ahead for a 10 week run to begin live broadcast in September! chuff' me I can hardly wait to get started!!! The basic premise of the show is that 10 brave, plucky celebs will try to take on the pro-dancers at their own game, yes in a scenario loosely connected to the BBC's "Strictly" fiasco I will be presenting the show alongside the lovely and very talented Su Pollard whilst a team of 3 expert former ballroom dancers - Reg Floss, the lovely Mrs.Preedy Cakebread and my old pal Lexington Crisp will be scoring our celebs gallant efforts!! Z-list stars already pencilled in include zany prankster Timmy Mallet, Blue Peter host and "conquerer" of Val Singleton the much loved Peter Purvess, former gymnastic star Suzanne Dando and alcoholic comic legend Burton Curle and they are all desperate to "Cut some Rug! I can tell you!!!" more news to follow!

I am very happy to confirm that "Corbetts" of Barrow in Furness the celebrated Pork Butchers have launched a brand new meat product onto the market this week. The "Uncle Les's battered pork boaster" is basically a fat, meaty slab of processed pork, ham and gristle enclosed in a luscious, golden crispy batter.....eeh I'm salivating just thinking about the porky fooker. Contrary to recent accusations in the local press the said product is in no way influenced by the famous Spam fritter and bare little or no resemblance to the said traditional processed pork treats, no they are a joint business effort between myself and the late great Selwynn Corbetts brother Cecil. We really expect them to take off in a big way and we are hoping to have a huge pork based hit on our hands!!! watch this space!!!

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will also be in a position to announce details of my next big dance/theatre "project", but until then Mum's the word, erm sorry make that Mater's the word! - the lovely, dear old sweet silvery haired old proud beauty!!

Until next time friends, take it easy!

No comments: